The aim of YIN is to support Junior Research Group Leaders and Junior Professors at the KIT. The core tasks that define YIN are:
- representing the interests of independent Junior Research Group Leaders and Junior Professors with staff responsibility within KIT and outside
- providing a dedicated professional continuing education program for future scientific leaders
- fostering scientific collaborations
Eligible for YIN membership are independent Junior Research Group Leaders and Junior Professors working on temporary contracts at KIT. Provided that they have obtained their research group as principle investigator in a formal selection procedure (inside or outside the KIT) and bear personnel responsibility for at least one TV-L 13 position or equivalent. This position or their own needs to be financed from their own budget.
- Junior Professores
- ERC Starting Independent Research Grant Awardees
- Holders of a Sofja Kovalevskaja-Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Emmy Noether Junior Research Group Leaders
- BMBF Junior Research Group Leaders
- Helmholtz Young Investigator Group Leaders
- Group Leaders in the Helmholtz Excellence Program for Postdocs
- KIT Junior Research Group Leaders
- Leaders of KIT Young Investigator Groups (YIG)
- Leader of (Shared) Research Groups (RG, SRG)
As many further funding opportunities are offered, this list is by no means conclusive. If there are any uncertainties, please, feel free to contact the YIN office for further advice.
To apply, please provide the information requested in the application form.